POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Image mapping on triangles : Re: Image mapping on triangles Server Time
8 Jul 2024 00:04:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image mapping on triangles
From: solanb
Date: 3 Nov 2009 11:15:01
Message: <web.4af0563fa22773f2cf0bfa9c0@news.povray.org>
> If you collect your triangles into a mesh or mesh2, you can use
> uv_mapping.
>
> --
> Mike Williams
> Gentleman of Leisure

Ok, but then how to define the uv_vector corresponding to each triangle?

My image to be mapped consists of spots of a given dimension (eg. 1cm diameter),

also in cm. And I want to keep the scale of my image when I project it on the
scene's triangles.
Using uv_mapping without uv_vector doesn't produce what I expect but the
definition uv_vector is not clear for me.

Thanks in advance!
Benoit